Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up an iTunes account, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
At some point it's likely that you want to either purchase additional…applications for your iPhone or iPod , or you want to purchase music or…videos from the iTunes store.…We'll be taking detailed looks to how to make these purchases from your device…in upcoming chapters, but in order to do any of these things;…you need to register for a free Apple ID.…Now, if you ever purchased music through iTunes on your computer, you…already have an account.…Additionally, if you subscribed to Apple's iCloud service, or if you have an…Apple ID which you created if you ever purchased anything from Apple online, you…can use that account information.…So if you already have an Apple ID, you can skip this movie, but if you're…completely new to the Apple ecosystem, you'll need an account.…
So, in this movie I'll show you how to do so from your iPhone or iPod .…Start by tapping Settings, then find Store, then tap Sign In.…Here, if you already have an account, is where you can Sign In, so your phone or…iPod remembers your account information, or tap Create New Apple ID to go…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.