Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Exchange, MobileMe, Gmail, Yahoo, or AOL email accounts, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you're not currently managing any email accounts on your device you'll see…this screen which list 7 of the most popular email services around.…We'll find iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, Aol, Hotmail and MobileMe.…Now you'll most likely only have an exchange account if that's the email…system your company uses.…Also, if you were a subscriber to Apple's MobileMe service which is morphed into…iCloud, you can select that option, but MobileMe will only work until June 30th…2012 at which point Apple is shutting it off.…So if you haven't done so yet, go to http://www.icloud.com on your computer and…follow the steps to convert your MobileMe account into a free iCloud account.…
But again, you can continue to use MobileMe until June 30th 2012 and you can…select MobileMe here on the screen, but you should switch to iCloud as soon as possible.…Also listed here is Gmail which you probably know as Google's free email system…and you can also get free accounts from Yahoo, Aol and Hotmail.…Now, you can't register for a new email account from the screen, the screen is…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.