Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting reminders, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Siri is also very useful for setting reminders for yourself.…You can speak commands to Siri to create reminders in the Reminders app or to…send an alarm with the Clock app or to add an appointment to your Calendar.…For example, "Remind me to call Nick." …Female Speaker: "When would you like me to remind you?"…Garrick: "Tomorrow at 9 o'clock." …Female Speaker: "Here is your reminder for tomorrow at 9 AM.…It says Call Nick Brazzi. Shall I create it?" …Garrick: Yes.…Female Speaker: OK, I'll remind you.…
Garrick: And now if I go to my Reminders app, sure enough here's a reminder to call Nick…tomorrow morning at 9 AM.…Similarly, I can also say something like, "Set up a meeting with Melanie."…Female Speaker: "OK... when is the meeting?"…Garrick: "Friday at 2 PM."…Female Speaker: "OK, here is your meeting. …Note that you already have a meeting about upcoming projects with Nick at 2 PM.…Shall I schedule this anyway?" …Garrick: Change it to 3 PM.…
Female Speaker: "OK, I'll make that change to your meeting.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.