Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting reminders, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Released as part of the iOS 5 update was the Reminders app.…This is just simply a program for creating reminders and to-do lists for your self.…To use it just tap the plus button and type out what you need to remember.…Tap Return to enter it, it's added to your list and you can tap the plus button…to add another item.…Tap Return to enter it and then tap Return again to clear the keyboard.…Notice each item has a checkbox next to it, so you can check off items when they're done.…That'll move them to your Completed list.…
You can switch between your Reminders and Completed items by swapping left and…right, or you can uncheck items from your Completed list if they weren't as done…as you thought they were.…You can also set reminders to be done at specific times and dates or even use a…feature called Geofencing, which will trigger reminders based on your location.…For example, I'll tap my first reminder and here I can tap Remind Me and then…specify a day or a location.…I'll turn on On a Day, tap the date and then choose when I want to be reminded,…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.