Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting email options, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Now, let's take a look at some important settings you should be aware of for…managing your email on your iPhone or iPod touch.…Let's go into Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars and scroll down to the items…under the mail heading.…In a previous movie, I mentioned that you can control to some extent, how many…messages are stored in your email Inbox on your phone.…By tapping Show, you can choose to save between 50 to 1,000 of your most recent messages.…If you're using IMAP or Exchange email, your older messages will still be on…your server an accessible from your phone by scrolling down to the bottom of…your email list and tapping Load More Messages.…
If you're using a POP email account, you most likely won't have access to…messages on your email server because POP messages are usually deleted from the…server once you download them.…Before I go back to settings, not how each of my messages displays two lines of…text from the body of the email.…This lets you preview the contents of the email before you open it.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.