Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting Time Zone support, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
This movie is for anyone who uses the Calendar app and travels across time zones…or schedules appointments with people in other time zones.…To use my own real life example, I live and work on the East Coast most of the…time, but Lynda.com's home office is on the West Coast.…I'm frequently participating in conference calls with the home office and I just…have to remember that I'm three hours ahead.…So if I get an email saying that a meeting is happening at noon on the West…Coast, I enter it into my calendar as a 3:00 PM meeting.…But what happens to my event time when I fly to California?…Does the meeting time in my calendar stay at 3:00 PM or does it adjust itself to noon?…The answer depends on how you have one particular setting selected on your…iPhone or iPod .…
I am going to go into Settings > Mail Contacts, Calendars, and here I'm going to…scroll down to the Calendar section, and this where I'll find Time Zone Support…and here's where you'll find the Time Zone Support setting.…As you can read here, Time Zone Support always show events, dates, and times in…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.