Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Select, copy, paste, and undo, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
While typing on the iPhone or iPad , you can take advantage of the…ability to select, cut, copy and paste text, just like you can on any Word…Processor on a regular computer.…This is especially useful when you need to select the longest trunk of text to…either, edit, delete, move or paste in to another location of your document or…even into another application.…For example, maybe I need to change the word Sunday to Friday.…There are two ways to make a selection.…If you just want to select the single word, double tap the word.…That highlights the word and the Copy Menu appears.…Now if the keyboard were currently invisible and I can make it appear by…tapping once to insert a cursor, when I double tap Sunday again, notice I now…get the Cut option.…
You'll only see cut with text you can edit and when you have the keyboard opened…in most cases, but I actually don't want to cut or copy right now.…I just want to change the word.…So, with Sunday selected, I'll type Friday to replace it.…So this is pretty much how a regular Word Processor works.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.