Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving images, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Occasionally, you might come across an image on a web page that you'd like to…save on your iPhone or iPod .…For example, I'm on the sports page of the New York Times website and maybe I…want to keep a copy of this photo on my iPhone.…To do so, I just hold down on it and after seconds several options appear.…Now, because this particular image is also a link, I see the options to open…which I want to follow this link to the pages link to or to open it in a new…page which again follows the link but opens a new browser window.…If the image you held down on isn't the link, you won't see those first two options.…
But the one I'm interested in here is Save Image, so I'll tap that.…And what's happened is that a copy of that image is now been saved to my photo…library on my iPhone.…I press the Home button to close Safari and open my Photo library.…And here in my Camera Roll, I'll find the image.…Doesn't get much easier than that.…Let's go back to Safari.…I'll hold down on this image again and this time I'll choose Copy.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.