Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving bookmarks and viewing the History list, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
As with all other web browsers, you can save your favorite or frequently visited…web pages in Safari as bookmarks, which lets you load those web pages with a…single tap, rather than having to manually type in their addresses each time.…To create a bookmark, first browse to the page you want to bookmark.…In this case, I'm on the lynda.com homepage.…Tap the button at the bottom of the screen.…From the list of options that appears here, tap Add Bookmark that opens the…Add Bookmark screen.…The first field is for giving your bookmark a name.…The text Safari has placed in here is the title of the current web page.…
But in this case, this is probably a little too verbose, so I'll tap the X…button to clear the field, and then I'll type, "lynda.com homepage".…Below the name is the actual address of the page you're bookmarking, this…can't be edited it's basically just here to confirm that this is the page you want to save.…Below that is where you can decide which folder to save the bookmark in.…Now, if you didn't choose to sync your iPhone or iPod touch with the version…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.