Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Running apps and multitasking, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
One of the most significant new features introduced back with the release of…iOS 4 was Multitasking.…Multitasking allows you to leave multiple applications running and quickly…switch between them.…This helps you to do things like start playing games exactly where you left off,…leave GPS applications running in the background or have music apps keep playing…music while you perform other apps on your device.…Multitasking is available on the iPhone 3GS, the iPhone 4 and 4S and the 2nd…Generation iPod touch and later.…Let's take a look at how it works.…I have an app called Pandora installed on my iPhone.…It's a popular streaming Internet music app.…
So here on my iPhone running iOS 5, I can start some playing and once the music…is playing, I can start doing other things on my iPhone while the music…continues to play in the background.…I'll tap my Home button and maybe I want to work on some email or maybe I want…to check the weather.…As you can hear, Pandora continues to play music the entire time.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.