Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Restrictions, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Another customization option available on your iPhone or iPod touch is the…Restrictions area located in Settings > General > Restrictions.…To Enable Restrictions, you must first enter a four-digit pass code.…This can and probably should be a passcode different than your passcode to…unlock your phone if you've set one of those up.…You have to type it again to confirm it.…Once you've selected your passcode, you can decide what your iPhone or iPod…touch can be used for.…You can turn off Safari, YouTube, iTunes, Installing Apps, the Camera, FaceTime…and the Location feature.…
With the exception of FaceTime and Location which aren't Apps, the icons for all…of these other Apps will be completely unavailable until you turn them back on.…If you disable FaceTime you won't be able to see its button during calls…and disabling Location prevents the phone from using services like Maps or Geotagging photos.…The Restrictions panel is mostly targeted for parents but may also be useful for…businesses that don't want employees using their company issued iPhones to surf…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.