Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Resetting, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you tried everything else we've previously covered in this chapter and your…iPhone or iPod touch is still acting weird, or freezing up, or just not…responding properly, the next thing to try is to reset your settings.…To reset your settings, go to Settings > General > Reset, and the top choice…here is Reset All Settings.…Now what this does is reset your preferences back to the way they were when you…turned on your device for the first time.…But it won't delete any saved data like Text Messages, Contacts, photos in your…Photo Library, your Music or Videos or any apps you've installed.…
All that stuff will be untouched.…What it will do is wipe out potentially corrupt preferences and settings on your…iPhone or iPod touch.…Tap Reset All Settings when you're ready, you will be asked to confirm that you…really want to do this, so tap Reset All Settings again and it will actually ask…you to confirm once again.…They really want to make sure that you really want to do this.…So if you're sure you want to do it, tap Reset All Settings one more time and…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.