Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Receiving and reading email, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Now, let's talk about how the iPhone and iPod touch check for new email and what…you can do with emails you receive.…Depending on the type of email account you have, either your messages show up on…your iPhone or iPad as soon as they arrive on your email server or your device…is set to check for new messages at set durations of time.…Email systems such as Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo!…Mail, Gmail, iCloud and MobileMe or what is known as Push email.…Instead of waiting for your phone to check if new messages are on the server,…the server pushes the new messages to your phone, so they show up almost…immediately after the person sending you the email hits the Send key on his…or her computer, borrowing of course any network traffic they may be clogging things up.…
Now, this does depend on how you have certain options set.…Let's look in Settings, Mail Contacts Calendars and here, I'll tap Fetch New…Data and here's where you will find the on/off switch for Push.…If you don't have any email account that support Push, turn it off because…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.