Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Receiving calls, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In this movie we're going to examine the options you have when you receive an…incoming call on your iPhone.…Let's take a look at a couple of scenarios.…First, let's see what happens when the phone is on but in Sleep or Locked mode.…So, my phone is currently on but asleep.…A call comes in, the number or caller ID of the person calling appears at the…top of the screen and I see a slide to answer bar appear.…To answer this call, I just slide the handle across to unlock and answer the phone.…At this point I put the phone to my ear and start talking.…
When I'm done, I tap End call.…If you're already using your phone, say have the Calculator app open and then a…call comes in, this time I get two buttons instead of the slider bar.…I can either decline the call, which will send the caller to my voicemail or I…can tap Answer to answer the phone and start talking.…And when I'm done, I can tap End call again and I'm taken back to the app I was using.…
If you're listening to music or watching a video when a call comes in, you'll…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.