Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Rebooting , part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you find yourself in an iPhone or iPod touch lockup situation where you can't get your device to respond to the commands for force…quitting an application or for restarting the phone,…and we did cover both those methods in previous movies,…the next step is to try forcing the device to reboot.…To do so hold on both the sleep/wake button and the home button simultaneously.…Now, even when the screen goes blank it's important to keep holding down the buttons.…Only when you see the Apple logo reappear, do you know the device has successfully rebooted and then you can release the buttons.…You can also try this fix if your iPod or iPod touch is currently off and won't turn back on.…
Of course first make sure it's plugged into a charger to make sure the battery isn't just depleted.…But once you're plugged in,…hold down the sleep/wake and the home button together to see if your device will reboot.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.