Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Playing and controlling videos, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
The controls for playing videos on your iPhone and iPod touch are similar to the…ones for playing music and audio files, but there are some differences and some…things unique to video playback that you should be familiar with.…So in this movie, we will look at playing videos.…Your videos are accessed by tapping the Videos app.…Videos are categorized in to Movies, TV Shows, and Music Videos.…Generally, any movie you copy intp iTunes to place in your iPhone or iPod…touch is considered a movie unless you go in and change the info for the movie or…TV show or music video.…If you purchase a TV show or music video from the iTunes Store, they will have…the correct classification when you download them.…
Having your videos properly classified isn't a huge deal, but it doesn't make…browsing through TV shows a lot easier, especially if you have several…episodes of the same show.…You can click a show title to view all the episodes on a separate screen instead…of having them all in your main Videos page to scroll through.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.