Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Passcode lock, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you keep personal information on your iPhone or iPod touch, or if you just…want to make sure that no one will be able to use your device just by picking it…up or if it's been lost or stolen, it's a good idea to use the Passcode…feature-found in Settings > General > Passcode Lock.…Okay, so let's look at settings here starting with Turn Passcode On.…When I tap that button, I'm prompted to enter a four-digit Passcode.…This is a four-digit code of your choosing.…Tap one in and then tap it again to confirm you typed it correctly.…
Now at this point, it's important to stress that you have turned on the…Passcode option, meaning that if you'll lock your screen now, and then go to…wake up the phone again, you're going to be prompted to enter your Passcode…before you can access your phone.…So, it's very, very, very important that you don't forget what this code is.…If you forget your Passcode, the only way to access your phone or iPod touch…again is to restore it in iTunes which involves completely wiping the device and…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.