Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing apps on the Home screen with folders, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Instead of cluttering screen after screen with dozens of apps, you can group…related apps together into folders.…This is a great feature for anyone who likes to download and install tons of…apps which we'll learn how to do in a later chapter.…To do so, just press-and-hold your finger down on any app until they start wiggling.…In this mode, you can drag apps around to arrange them on screen but to create a…folder, just drag one app on top of another.…That instantly creates a folder and your iPhone or iPod touch even tries to give…the folder a logical name.…If that name works for you, just tap anywhere outside the folder to accept it or…tap the name and type one of your own.…
You can then drag up to ten more apps into the folder, for a total of 12 apps per folder.…Click the Home button when you're done adding items to your folder.…From this point, you can then access the apps in the folder by tapping the…folder and then tapping the app you want to run.…If you want to remove an app from a folder at any time, just touch and hold on…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.