Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Making conference calls, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
With the iPhone, it's easy to set-up a call with multiple people otherwise known…as a conference call.…In fact, you can host a call between up to six people including yourself on your iPhone.…Let's take a look at how this works.…Let's say a call comes in from Scott. I answer it.…So, it's my co-worker Scott wanting to discuss a project we're working on.…I think we should get input from one of our other co-workers while we're talking.…All I do is tap Add Call, which takes me to my contacts where I can look up the…person I want to call.…I also have access to my Favorites, Recent Calls, and the Keypad if I want to…use any of those methods to place the second call.…
I'll call from Favorites.…Now up until this point the person I was originally talking to can still hear me…unless I tap the Hold button.…But once I dial the second number, the first person is put on hold so I can hear…the second person's phone ringing.…Okay, so now Nick is on the line.…Notice, at the top of the screen I can see Scott is on hold.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.