Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Listening and responding to messages, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
One of the major advantages of Siri, at least to me, is the ability it gives you…to work with text messages without having to type or even look at your phone.…You can instead ask Siri to read your coming message and then it'll be prompted…to either reply to it or you can have Siri read it again.…If you choose to reply, you can then dictate your message to Siri and then send it off.…Let's take a look at this.…So, I just received a text message.…Let's imagine that I'm driving so I can't look at my phone.…Instead, I'll press and hold my Home button or the button on my earbuds or…Bluetooth headset to invoke Siri.…
And then I can say something along the lines of,"Read my text message." …Female Speaker: "New message from Nick Brazzi:…Can you come to the office an hour early tomorrow?…You can Reply or Read It again." …Garrick: "Reply."…Female Speaker: "What do you want to say to Nick Brazzi?"…Garrick: "No, I have a dentist appointment in the morning." …Female Speaker: "I updated your message.…It says No, I have a dentist appointment in the morning. Ready to send it?"…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.