Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Learning finger gestures, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
One of the most important skills you need to really use the iPhone and iPod…touch like a pro is to understand finger gestures.…As you know, there are no buttons on the front of the phone other than the Home…button, so the majority of the things you'll do are accomplished by tapping,…sliding, rotating or pinching your fingers on the screen.…In this video, I am going to go over the basic moves.…There are only a few of them but they are part of the DNA of using the iPhone…and iPod touch and it's essential to really learn them well.…Probably the most basic gesture is the tap, and it's just what it sounds like.…You tap some part of the screen to perform some action.…
For example, I tap on any of these applications to run them like Photos.…So, here I am looking at my Photo Library.…We'll cover how to get pictures into your iPhone or iPod touch in a later chapter.…Here, I select the album I want to look at again by tapping.…Now, I'm looking at the thumbnails of all the photos in this album.…The next gesture is the drag and again, it's just what it sounds like.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.