Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Keeping email synced with your computer, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
One issue that can arise whenever you read and manage e-mail on more than once…device, whether that includes a second computer and your iPhone or an iPod…, is the issue of how to keep the e-mail on your devices synced.…For example, if both your main computer and your iPhone are set-up to check for…and download new e-mail messages periodically, it's possible to end up with some…messages stored on your phone and not on your computer, or vice-versa.…Now, this is generally a problem that comes up when you're managing a…POP-type email account.…Previously, when we were looking at how to setup email accounts, we saw that the…two main types of e-mail protocols are POP and iMap.…
POP is the most common type of e-mail service used by internet hosting providers…and it basically works like this.…Email that's sent to your account is stored on your email service's server until…your e-mail program, whether it's the e -mail program on your computer or your…iPhone, notices the new message and downloads it off the server.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.