Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing Siri, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
One of the most talked about features of iOS 5 is Siri, the voice control…technology that lets you speak commands to your phone to have it do things like…dial phone numbers, add appointments to your calendar, look up directions,…compose text messages, play music, and a slew of other tasks, all with just the…sound of your voice.…What sets Siri apart from other voice control applications is that it's been…programmed to understand regular conversational language.…So, rather than having to speak commands like "tell me tomorrow's temperature,"…you can instead ask things like, "will I need to wear a jacket tomorrow?"…And Siri will be able to infer your meaning and look up the low temperature for…tomorrow and read it to you.…
Now as of this recording, Siri is only available for the iPhone 4S.…Older iPhones such as the iPhone 4 and 3GS still have the voice control…capabilities of iOS 4, but that's a much more limited system compared to what…Siri can do. But if you have one of those older phones, don't worry. I'll still…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.