Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Internet tethering, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Surfing the Web from your iPhone is great, but without question, sometimes you…just need to use a regular computer to access the Internet.…Maybe you have a file you need to email from your computer, maybe a site you're…trying to view is Flash based and not viewable on your iPhone.…Of course, you won't always be able to find Internet access for your computer,…especially when you're on the road.…If you need to be connected and online at a moment's notice or just want the…same convenience of being able to get online as your iPhone can over your…cellular provider's data network, then you might want to look into the iPhone's…Personal Hotspot capability.…In a nutshell, creating a Personal Hotspot with your iPhone means you're sharing…your iPhone's Internet connection with your computer.…
This is also referred to as Tethering.…And obviously, this is an iPhone-only feature since the iPod touch doesn't…connect to cellular networks.…Once Tethering is enabled, you can share your iPhone's Internet connection via…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.