Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video The Home screen and Home button, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this video, I want to look at the Home button on the iPhone and iPod touch.…This is the Home button here on the front of the iPhone and its primary purpose…is to immediately get you back to your Home screen.…Now, when the screen is locked as it currently is here, pressing the Home button…is like pressing the Sleep/Wake button.…It activates your screen but you still have to slide your finger across this…area to unlock the phone.…This is the Home screen of the iPhone, where you can access the various…functions and apps that are available.…As we'll see later, you can install additional apps which can be spread across…multiple screens, which can access by flicking the screens to the left.…
Pressing the Home button instantly brings you back to the first and main screen…no matter how many screens deep you are.…If you're running an app, pressing the Home button always brings you back to the Home screen.…Pressing the Home button while on the Home screen brings up the spotlight Search…screen, where you can search your entire phone for words or phrases.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Tips and Tricks (2010)with Christopher Breen4h 17m Appropriate for all
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.