Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Hidden shortcuts, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Hidden within the keys of your iPhone or iPod 's keyboard are some…shortcuts that cut down on your typing time, as well as to give you access to…characters and symbols you wouldn't otherwise be able to type unless you knew…where to access them.…We've already seen some convenient shortcuts like typing a double space to add a…period at the end of a sentence, and then holding down on the characters and…numbers key, lets you slide over to those characters to select them and they can…pop right back into the alphabet keyboard.…It works the other way too, if I have the numbers and characters up and I'm…typing mostly numbers, I could hold the alphabet key and slide over to select…the letter and then I'm popped back into the numbers.…
Also, within the numbers and characters is another button to bring up even more symbols.…So, these are the ways to access the obvious letters and characters, but holding…down on other keys will also bring up additional characters you can use.…Let's say I'm typing the word, Cafe, and I want to make sure it ends properly…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.