Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting directions, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Now, let's take a look at the iPhone's Directions feature which gives you turn…by turn directions to wherever you're trying to go.…If you know the exact address of your destination, you can go right to the…Directions Tab and enter your starting and end points.…But, if you don't have an exact address, start with the Search Tab, and enter…the location you're looking for.…For example, maybe I'm looking for a nearby tennis court.…I'll tap the Locate button to find my current location.…Now, I'll do a search for tennis court.…After a moment, red pins appear on my map showing me nearby tennis courts.…
Now, if you zoomed in fairly close to your location, you might not see all the…nearby tennis courts or types of businesses you're searching for.…Try pinching in to zoom out or drag the map around to see if anymore…results become visible.…Here's a tennis court at a local park.…Let's say I want to go there.…I'll tap the blue arrow next to its name and here on the info page, I'll…tap directions to here.…That takes me to the Directions section where you can see the start point is…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.