Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Geotagging photos, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
At this point, we should be aware that the iPhone has both a camera and…built-in GPS capabilities.…This combination of features allows you to do what's called geotagging your photos.…Essentially, this means that when you shoot a photo with your iPhone, you…can encode your location information into that photo, so you can later use…one of many photo management applications on your computer to view and…display your location info.…But in order to geotag your photos, you have to allow it to do so.…Now, the first time you open your Camera app, you probably saw a message saying…that camera wants to use your location information and you have the choice to…allow or not allow that.…
In order to geotag your photos, you have to give the Camera app permission to…acquire your location information.…Regardless of whether you allowed or disallowed it at the time, the place you go…to check your location preferences is Settings > Location Services and in here,…make sure Location Services is set to ON.…Then make sure Location Services for the Camera app specifically has been turned ON.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.