Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Forwarding your calls, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Built-in to your iPhone's calling plan is Call Forwarding.…Turning on this feature lets you route all of your iPhone's incoming calls to…another number of your choice.…This can be useful in several different scenarios.…For example, if your iPhone's battery is about to die and you're expecting an important call;…you can forward your calls to your home or office phone so you don't have to…worry about providing an alternate number to your callers.…To turn on Call Forwarding, go to Settings>Phone>Call Forwarding, and all you do…here is just tap the switch to the On position.…
Next, enter the number you want to forward your calls to.…Then tap the Back button to go back, and that's all you need to do.…Now, any calls to my iPhone will be forwarded to the number I entered, and if…you have caller ID at the forwarded number, you'll still see the ID of the…person calling you, not your own iPhone number.…Now a couple of things you have to know about Call Forwarding.…You have to be in an area where you're connected to the AT&T network in order…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.