Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Force-quitting apps, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you ever run into an issue where a particular application freezes up,…meaning the screen just goes completely still and no amount of tapping,…flicking, or pinching causes anything to happen, you probably need to force the…application to quit.…To Force Quit an application, hold down the Sleep/Wake button until you see the…Slide to Power Off slider appear, then release the Sleep/Wake button and press…and hold the Home button down.…After a few seconds, the frozen App should quit and you'll be taken back to your Home screen.…At this point, you can try opening the App again to see if it's behaving better.…If it's still giving you problems, you might want to try restarting your device…as we discussed in a previous movie.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.