Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Fixing typos and trusting autocorrect, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Let's take a look at how the iPhone can assist you with the inevitable typos…that will occur when you're using the keyboard.…I've started typing a note of things to do today and on the second line I'm…starting to type the phrase, In no particular order, so I'll typing.…Notice here that the iPhone has offered a suggestion.…I've typed enough of the word particular that the iPhone is guessing what…I meant to type here.…If the suggestion is correct, I just press Space and the word is completed for me.…If that wasn't the word I wanted, I could have just continued typing and ignored…the suggestion, but if you did accept this suggestion by accident or you changed…your mind, you can tap the Delete button and the previous version of the word…you had typed will appear, which you can then tap, but in this case I do want…the word particular, so I'll leave it as is and finish typing this line.…
But the iPhone's suggestion and corrections are one of the key factors in being…a fast and efficient typist on its keyboard.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.