Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding app settings, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Like most computer applications, iPhone apps generally have some collection of…preferences or settings to customize how they look and behave.…Sometimes these settings are stored and controlled in the apps themselves, but…sometimes they are controlled elsewhere.…It really depends on the app and the developer.…But you can easily find out which apps have external preferences by going to the…Settings on your iPhone or iPod touch.…In here, just scroll down, and at the bottom of the screen, below all the…built-in System Settings, you'll find the list of all the apps that use this…location to store their Preference Settings.…Just tap anyone to access that app's settings.…
Again, not all apps store their preferences here, but if you don't find them…here, they're in the app itself, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding them…in one place or another.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.