Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding addresses and nearby businesses, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Now, let's take a look at the search feature of maps which offers several ways…to find the places or businesses you're looking for.…Begin by tapping the Search Tab at the bottom of the screen if it's not already selected.…In the Search field at the top of the screen, you can type-in a complete…address, an intersection, a city, zip code or any combination of those items you have.…For example, I'll type in Main and Thompson 93003 which is an intersection in…Ventura, California.…And just like that, the intersection comes up on maps.…Now, one of the great things about the map app is that it can help you locate…nearby places such as restaurants, shopping centers, and other businesses based…on your current location.…
So you don't have to type in an exact address if you don't have one.…Let's say you're on a trip and you need to find a local tire center.…Start by tapping the Locate button to get your current location.…Then, in the Search field, type tire center and in a moment, a bunch of…pushpin icons should drop onto the map showing you all the nearest tire…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.