Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Filling out forms and using autofill, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Because browsing the Web on your iPhone or iPod touch is so similar in…experience to browsing on your computer, you'll probably find yourself visiting…and using sites you might not otherwise attempt on other mobile devices such as…your banking website or online stores.…When it comes to ordering items or managing various bank or credit card…accounts, you often have to fill in various form fields, which frankly can get a…little tedious and time- consuming on the iPhone keyboard.…Fortunately, like its full-pledged counterpart on your computer, Safari for the…iPhone and iPod touch includes an AutoFill feature which fills in your name,…address, and passwords automatically when you tap on form fields.…
To activate the AutoFill feature, go to Settings>Safari and then tap AutoFill.…Here you have two options to turn On and Off.…The first is Use Contact Info.…By tapping it on, you're telling Safari to use the contact information for…yourself in your list of contacts.…Make sure it's your name that appears in the My Info area.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.