Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Extending battery life, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Throughout this course, I've mentioned some things you can do to conserve and…extend your iPhone's or iPod touch's battery life.…But I thought it would be useful to have all the most important ones all in one place.…So in no particular order, let's look at some of these tips and review some of…the ones we've seen so far.…These can be things you can do when you're caught without your charger and you…need to slow down your device's power consumption or these could be settings…that don't really inconvenience you that you can leave on or off depending what…the case maybe all the time.…The first one I'd like to look at is Screen Brightness.…You get to the Brightness Settings by going to Settings and Brightness.…
Your iPhone or iPod touch's screen can get pretty bright at its highest setting,…but the truth is you probably don't need to use the highest Brightness setting…even if you're outdoors in the mid-day sunshine.…The lower you can stand to keep your Brightness Settings, the more battery…power you'll conserve.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.