Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Erasing and restoring, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Okay, now we're getting into the fixes that will actually remove your personal…data and settings from your iPhone or iPod touch.…In this movie we are going to take a look at how to completely erase your device…so that it's set back to the way it came out of the box.…This means you will lose everything that you yourself added like your contacts,…your photos, your music, and any apps you installed.…Now the good news is, if you regularly sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your…computer, you should have copies of all those things stored through iTunes.…So you can erase your iPhone or iPod to try to fix whatever problem it is you…are having and then restore your device with your most recent back-up to copy…your settings and apps back to your newly pristine device.…
So to completely erase your device, go to Settings > General > and then scroll…down and find Reset.…And the option we are looking for here is Erase All Content and Settings.…You will be asked to confirm that you want to do this, tap Erase iPhone or Erase…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.