Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Date and time settings, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Now let's go to Settings > General > Date and Time.…The Date & Time Settings on the iPhone and iPod touch can be tweaked to a…certain degree through these preferences.…Here you can set the time to display in standard 12-hour format which is the…default or 24-hour or military format.…It's all a matter of preference.…This might be particularly useful if say, you lived in the extreme north or…south where it could be bright and sunny at midnight or pitch black at 2 PM.…If you wake up from a nap and your iPhone said 1:38, it could be hard to assume…AM or PM, or you could just be someone who prefers 24-hour time.…
On the iPhone you also have the option to turn off the Set Automatically option.…Normally, the iPhone automatically sets the current date and time by using…information from cellular signals.…But say you're one of those people that tries to be early for appointments by…setting their clocks slightly faster.…With the Set Automatically option set to Off, you can set the date and time…manually as well as set the Time Zone.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.