Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom ringtones with iTunes, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
We saw earlier that you can select from over two dozen ringtones built into the…iPhone, but for some people, none of these ringtones quite fully express the…personality and force of character that all ringtones are apparently supposed…to express these days.…It seems like you can't find a cell phone that has a ringtone that sounds like a phone anymore.…Ringtones these days seem to be all about playing clips of your favorite song.…So if you're one of these people who likes to have music play as the ringtone of…your iPhone, you'll be happy to know that you can generate a ringtone from just…about any song in your iTunes library.…Now there are ways to create ringtones with audio editing applications like…GarageBand on the Mac and maybe Audacity on Windows.…
And while those applications give you a lot of control over the length of the…ringtone and the ability to fade ringtones in and out, teaching you how to use those…applications would require a different tutorial altogether.…And what I want to show you here is a quick way to use iTunes to create your ringtones.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.