Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating Web Clips, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In a previous movie, we looked at how to bookmark the webpages you visit most…frequently which is a convenient way to visit those pages without having to type…in their full addresses each time you want to view them.…But that still requires opening Safari, opening your bookmarks list and…tapping the bookmark.…Come on, that's three separate steps.…There might be certain webpages you visit every hour or every couple minutes.…If that's the case, you're a prime candidate to use the Web Clips feature.…Web Clips let you place a custom icon representing your favorite webpage right…onto your Home screen, and when tapped, takes you right to that webpage.…Currently, I'm on the Lynda.com Blog page and I want to make this into a web clip.…
Now one of the very cool things about Web Clips is that you can set up the zoom…level for the part of the page that you want to make into the clip.…You can have the page completely zoomed out like I have here.…And when I tap my web clip, this is what I'll see.…But maybe the part of the site you're interested in is only on one particular…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.