Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting your iPhone to a Mac or PC, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
When it comes to syncing the data between your iOS device and your computer, you…have the choice of doing so by connecting your device to your Mac or PC with the…included USB dock cable or you can do so wirelessly as long as your device and…your computer are on the same wireless network.…But in order to sync wirelessly, you do need to set up your device first by…connecting one end of the included USB cable into the device and the other…end into your computer.…If iTunes isn't currently open, it may open once your iPhone or iPod touch is…detected but that depends on a setting we'll look at shortly.…If iTunes doesn't open, go ahead and open it yourself.…
When you first connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer, you may have…to go through a series of screens where you're asked to agree to a licensing…agreement or to register your iPod.…Go ahead and do all of that on your own.…Eventually, you'll be back in your main iTunes window and your device should…show up under the Devices in the Source pane.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.