Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to a Wi-Fi network, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
With the iPhone and iPod touch's ability to let you access your email and surf…websites with a real web browser rather than some limited mobile browser you'll…find on other phones, most likely one of the first things you want to do with…your phone or iPod touch is to get online.…Both iPhone and iPod touch can connect to Wi-Fi networks whether they are home…networks, or public networks at coffee shops or airports.…Although the iPhone can also get online via AT&T's 3G and EDGE networks in the…US, connecting to a broadband connection over Wi-Fi is going to be a much faster…internet experience.…Let's start by taking a look at how to turn on your iPhone or iPod touch's Wi-Fi capability.…
Tap the Settings icon to open your system settings, then tap Wi-Fi.…First, make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.…Under Choose a Network, you'll see a list of all the Wi-Fi networks your phone…or iPod detects, along with an indicator of how strong each one's signal is, and…whether the network is open or requires a password.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.