Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting a Bluetooth headset, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In addition to using the iPhone's built -in earpiece, its speaker phone or the…included ear bud headset to make your phone calls, you can also pair the iPhone…with any Bluetooth headset from a third party manufacturer.…A Bluetooth headset gives you the advantage of having no wires between your…headset and your phone, allowing you to keep your phone in your pocket or…elsewhere nearby and you don't have to worry about earbuds getting yanked out of…your ears by accident.…You can find Bluetooth headsets in any electronic store these days.…Now in order to use a Bluetooth headset with your iPhone, you have to do what's…called pairing them together.…Essentially, this lets the two devices recognize each other so you don't have to…go through any kind of lengthy setup process after the initial pairing.…
This is also how your iPhone will distinguish your Bluetooth device from any…other people's Bluetooth devices that might be nearby.…To pair your headset with your iPhone, follow the instructions that came with it.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.