Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing and controlling sounds, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
One of the first things you'll want to get under control on your iPhone or iPod…touch are the default sounds and their volume levels.…Because you can set and turn on specific sounds for specific events and actions,…you want to select or at least familiarize yourself with these sounds so you…know what your iPhone or iPod touch is trying to tell you.…Locate and tap the Settings icon to open your iPhone or iPod touch's system…settings and then tap Sounds.…Now because it's a phone, the iPhone has more sound settings beginning with…the Silent section.…This determines whether your phone is going to vibrate when you have the…Silencer switch set to Silent.…
Even with the phone set to Silent it can still make a loud sound if you have…Vibrate turned on and have your phone set on a hard surface like a table top.…To prevent the phone from making any sounds, turn Vibrate off. Of course, this…makes it impossible to know your phone is ringing if you have it silent and…stored in your pocket.…So base your settings on the environment you find yourself in.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.