Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking for updates, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
This next suggestion is less of a fix for a specific problem and more of a good…practice to get in to.…As I mentioned in a previous chapter, Apple is constantly releasing updates to…the iOS Operating System occasionally adding new features, but mostly for fixing…bugs and problems that are reported.…And it's just a good habit to get in to, to make sure your iPhone or iPod touch…is running the current software.…Generally, whenever you plug your device into your computer and open it in…iTunes, or if you have Wireless Syncing turned on in selected in the device…list, iTunes will check to see if you are using the most recent software on your…iPhone or iPod touch.…
If an update is available you will see a message asking you if you want to update.…But you can also manually check for updates by selecting your device in the…Source pane, and then onto the Summary tab here click Check for Update.…And as you can see, I'm currently running the most current version of my iPhone software.…You can also check for updates directly from your device if you are not…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.