Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Charging the battery, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
The iPhone and iPod touch both have large internal batteries that cannot be removed.…This means that unlike with most other mobile phones, you can't have a…spare battery charging on the side to swap in when the one in your phone or…iPod becomes depleted.…So matching battery life is an especially important part of owning an iPhone or…iPod touch, probably more so with the iPhone since it's your phone.…But, if you can on the iPod touch check your email, having a dead battery can be…just as much of an inconvenience.…In the chapter on troubleshooting, I'll cover several techniques on extending…the charge of your battery.…But here, I just want to make sure you understand the options for charging your…phone or iPod touch.…
The iPhone comes with a USB cable for connecting to your computer as well as a…power adapter for charging your phone from a regular wall outlet.…The iPod touch doesn't come with a power adapter, so initially, you can only…charge it by plugging it into your computer.…But, you can purchase one of these adapters from Apple or something similar from…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.