Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Browsing the App Store on the iPhone or iPod touch, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Overall, it's probably easier and more efficient to browse and shop the App…Store from iTunes because you can use a mouse, a real keyboard and you have more…screen real estate to browse with.…But I've probably bought the majority of my apps from my iPhone, simply because…I've had it with me while waiting for a plane or sitting in a hotel lobby…waiting to meet someone.…Now, this isn't to say that browsing for apps is difficult on the iPhone either.…It's a smaller screen and interface but you can still find the exact same apps…and see the exact same details for each app as you can through iTunes.…So, to browse the App Store from your iPhone or iPod touch, tap the App Store icon.…
Across the bottom of the screen, you'll see the five buttons that offer…different ways for browsing through the store and for once, the buttons are the…same on the iPhone and the iPod touch.…The first items is Featured, this is where you'll find the apps that Apple is…currently recommending.…Whether this recommendation is based on an app's popularity, its unique use of…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.