Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Brightness, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Adjusting the brightness of your iPhone or iPod touch is easy to do and can…serve a variety of functions.…To adjust Brightness, tap the Settings icon, then select Brightness.…Then adjust the Brightness Slider to your preferred level of illumination.…If you're say in a darkened movie theater, you might want to turn the Brightness…down to be less conspicuous.…And don't forget to turn the Ringer off while you're at it.…If you're outside on a sunny day, you'll want the Brightness to be higher to…fight the power of the sun.…Lowering the Brightness will also help save some battery power.…Now, we also have the Auto-Brightness option.…With Auto-Brightness On, your iPhone or iPod touch will sense the amount of…light and adjust the screen Brightness accordingly.…
The effectiveness of this function has been debated and many users don't seem to…notice any significant change in Brightness when stepping from indoors to…outdoors, so your results may vary.…I actually use the Brightness Slider a lot myself, especially indoors at night.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Tips and Tricks (2010)with Christopher Breen4h 17m Appropriate for all
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.