Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Bookmarking locations, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If there are addresses or points of interests that you often find yourself…returning to, it's a good idea to bookmark those locations in the maps app so…you can always find your way back no matter where you are.…For example, I always rent from the same car rental company when I fly into Los Angeles.…So I have their address bookmarked in maps which means I don't have to type it…in at the end of every trip when it comes time to return the car.…So let's take a look at how we add bookmarks in maps.…Let's say I'm planning a trip to New York City and I'm going to arrive by…train at Penn station.…I want to make sure I'll be able to find my way back when my trip is over…regardless of where in the city I happen to be at the time.…
I will do a search for Penn station.…Maps asks me to clarify which address I meant?…Now, these all look like they're the place I'm looking for, so I'm going to tap…New York Penn station and now Maps has pinpointed Penn station.…I'll tap the blue arrowhead to view the locations details, and down at the…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.