Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Begin by restarting, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this final chapter, we're going to be looking at some solutions for those…occasional times in your day-to-day use of the iPhone or the iPod touch where…they might start acting a little weird.…Maybe an App keeps quitting unexpectedly or maybe the device isn't connecting to the Internet.…I'm actually having trouble coming up with examples of things that might go…wrong because my personal experience with the iPhone and iPod touch has…been pretty smooth.…But if your device is acting strangely, you can refer to this chapter for…some things you can try.…The first thing I always recommend trying whether it's an iPhone, iPod touch,…your computer or any other electronic device is to restart the thing.…
It always surprises me how some people will never try this very simple step…which fixes many temporary problems before they start getting into all kinds of…complicated attempts to fix an issue.…So we've seen this before, but to restart your iPhone or iPod touch, hold down…the Sleep/Wake button for a couple of seconds until you see the Slide to Power…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.