Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Backup options, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Under the Summary section you see in iTunes when you have your iPhone selected,…you'll see the Backup area where you can choose to backup your device to your…computer through iTunes, or to your iCloud account, if you have one.…Should you ever lose your phone, or if something crashes on it and it needs to…completely restored, you can copy its contents and settings from your most…recent backup on to it.…As I've mentioned, iCloud is Apple's free online storage and syncing service.…If you haven't yet created an iCloud account, you can set one up by going to icloud.com.…Doing so gets you access to the iCloud services and five gigabytes of storage space.…
When you backup your device, you're backing up its settings, app data, app…organization, messages, the photos and videos in the camera roll, and so on.…It also backs up information about the movies and videos you've purchased…from the iTunes Store.…So, if you ever need to restore them, you'll be able to download them from the store again.…Music and videos you've synced from your computer aren't backed up though.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.